1. What is VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)?
VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol. VoIP is a phone that is accessed over the internet.
2. What is a PBX Phone System?
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange; phone calls are made through a local line.
3. What speed of internet do I need for VoIP?
Depending on what type of system you have and the number of devices will need to provide the speed you need. Check out our blog to learn more about internet https://www.kandbcom.com/post/everything-you-ve-ever-wanted-to-know-about-internet-speeds
4. Can VoIP function over a wireless internet?
Yes, but you need to make sure you have a secure WiFi connection, but we do recommend a hardwired connection.
5. What happens if my network goes down?
Depending on what type of equipment you have everything that needs internet access will not process the data. Phone calls can be directed to your cell phone device to make sure your business does not miss an opportunity.
6. What features does VoIP have?
On Hold Music and Holding
Voicemail to Email
And Much More!!
7. What should I look for in a VoIP System?
The number of employees you have and the features you need will depend on what phone system you should get. At K&B Communications, we can find the perfect phone system for your business.
8. Is the transition simple?
At K&B Communications, we assist with making sure your business has a simple transition, with working with the vendor and us to make sure your employees are trained and your new phone system is up and working in a short amount of time.
9. Do I need to sign a contract?
We are partnered with multiples VoIP providers depending on what fits your business, Month to Month, or a contract is up to the client.
10. Is the internet provided with VoIP?
Unfortunately, no, but we work with multiple internet suppliers, so your business gets what they need at a competitive price.